Hi everyone! So I was thinking today about how I started blogging about this time 2 years ago. Making that decision to start writing was by far one of the best things I could have done for myself. There are so many benefits of starting a blog.
Some benefits of blogging are:
1. First of all, your writing will improve. You will constantly be giving your brain a workout. One of the reasons I started to blog was because I felt like I was wasting away watching TV at night in my dorm room sophomore year. So writing keeps me creative and keeps me thinking. A blog gives you space to express yourself.
2. When you start writing down ideas, you start doing them. You listen to what you write. I can also leave goals for myself. My readers push me because I want to try even harder to show that I am capable of achieving anything. I make sure to keep working hard. My readers push me to complete tasks. Also, you will start doing what you write! Do you want to eat healthier? Write about it! That will motivate you and make sure to keep writing about what you do in order to achieve this. Write about every step you take, include pictures and personal feelings.
3. Your blog is a journal. It’s amazing to go look at post 1 to the most recent post I’ve done. So much has changed. It’s a timeline that is really easy to access. You can view how much you have accomplished. It’s good to keep reminding yourself of how far you have come.
4. Having a blog can open doors. You may realize how much you love writing or even discover more about yourself. Your blog could lead you to self-employment, entrepreneurship, social media, and you could meet so many people that have similar thoughts and ideas as you. You can achieve things you never thought possible. I’ve had conversations with people from all over the world just because of my blog. Without it, I would have never meet those amazing people.
5. If your blog takes off, than your dreams could come true. Making money off your blog would be amazing. If you love to write and enjoy what you do, what could be better then making money doing what you love. That’s a goal of many of us. It will never happen unless you get started today!
6. As you write about your thoughts, you create new ones. Genius ideas could come to you as you write. Writing ideas, creates ideas. Writing on your own time about whatever you want, makes you think about yourself, which is one of the best things you can do.
7. You become a world class networker. As you start your blog, you will find yourself communicating more with others and becoming an expert on how to network and make connections. People will notice you and will want to connect with you. Before you know it, you could be meeting someone that will have a huge impact on your blogging and your life.
8. Your blog could change the lives of others. Who doesn’t want to be a role model or inspire others to achieve greatness? What you do can motivate others. I love having people email me saying thanks. It’s an amazing feeling to know that someone did something because of you.
9. Blogging creates discipline. Believe it or not but your time management skills will improve. I want to write so many posts a week so I push myself to do that. You may have one more thing to do but if it’s something you want, you will make time for it.
10. Overall, blogging is fun and can improve your health. Writing down feelings and thoughts is a huge stress reliever. It’s another way to act when you are upset, tired, happy, nervous, etc. Blogging is fun too. A blog shouldn’t make you more stressed. If that becomes the case, then I would take a break from the blogging world. But that goes for everything in life, when it starts to become a hassle or more of chore, then I would back off. Enjoy your life and do what you want.
There are many reasons to start blogging so just make one. And keep at it. Even if you only have 5 viewers or 5 million viewers, keep writing. It’s never too late to express your love of something, to create your own career, to meet new people, to set goals, to make plans, and to have fun. Enjoy the experience of blogging and being a part of such a large community.
If you have any questions on getting started, ask away!