There’s so much more to life than working 8-5 so they say… but when you work 8-5, how do you get to experience it? Continue reading
This was my first race since November last year, well actually I did sign up for a race a few weeks back but that one was cancelled due to race conditions being too dangerous. Anyways, I was so excited for this race because it was in TAMPA, FL… All my family lives there so it was going to be a fun weekend with everyone!
I had my aunts and uncles come to the race to cheer me on, which was awesome but the event quickly turned for the worse…
Here’s what happened:
- First of all, parking was 15 dollars!
- You had to walk your board about a half mile to the dock
- The race was supposed to start at 10:20 am, we didn’t get started until 11 am.. Oh and it was 90 degrees outside!
- The dock was a single file line that took forever because it was super small with a long path to the actual dock
- There was no picture of the course for racers to look at, which made it difficult to picture in your head where to go exactly
- No one knew the buoys were little white crab trap buoys! Who does that??!!
- We all missed the first buoy! Going a half mile further, until the police came from behind us telling everyone to turn around. They should have told my friend, Brad, who was in the lead to turn around first so the order of the Elite class would not be messed up
- About 3-5 people turned around (those people ended up beating us all) and they were also in the back of the group to begin with…
- The rest of us, about 12 people sat in the water discussing what to do next since the race was now messed up
- We decided to start from there and create the race again, so we did
- Times were really messed up because we stopped for about 15 minutes and then stopped after the first lap because the race director didn’t know what was happening
- Then half the group went in due to frustration and the rest of us did the second half of the course to finish the race
- A 6 mile race turned into over 7 miles of confusion
- Plus, boat traffic was insane, so many boats!
- Also, the race finished around 1 pm but awards weren’t until 4!! Who wants to wait around for a piece of paper, I heard that’s what the trophies were because I left before the awards since times were so screwed up
- Overall, it was a mess
The good thing was I got a great workout in and meet some really cool paddlers out on the water!
Here are some pictures from the race:
If you want to add me on other networks here are some links:
Hello all runners and anyone who loves a good challenge! There is a new book coming out that will: Transform your Mind. Transform Your Body.
SPARTAN FIT! by Joe De Sena
JOE DE SENA is the founder and owner of the Spartan Race, as well as a living legend in endurance and adventure racing circles — he completed the 135-mile Badwater Ultramarathon, raced the 140.6 miles of Lake Placid Ironman, and finished a 100-mile trail run in Vermont, all within one week.
You must be able to Commit to Grit.
And don’t worry, No Gym Required.
All you need is 31 Days. 31 days to get you ready for the change you’ve always wanted or to just give you that little push you need. DAY 1 starts NOW!
- A 31-day workout and diet plan to prepare for the Spartan Sprint — or to just get you in ultimate shape
- Full-body workouts requiring no gym and no weights
- How to build fitness levels from one race to the next
- Inspiring, motivating stories of Spartans
A complete Spartan training guide, Spartan Fit! arms readers with the strength, knowledge, and grit to never question their potential again, both on and off the race course.
From Ultra marathoners to beginner runners, this book is meant to help you be the best you!
“Joe DeSena is the real deal. His stories are believable, because his achievements and accomplishments are genuine. In Spartan Up! Joe delivers his message with the insight and candor that only an individual who has lived through such experiences can. A must read for anyone looking to take his performance to the next level, be it in athletics or in life.” – Dean Karnazes, Ultramarathoner and New York Times bestselling author of Ultra Marathon Man
Also use code: SPARTANBLOGGER and it will give 10% off ANY race!
If you want a free race code, you must comment below telling me why you want to race. One lucky racer will get a FREE race!
Hey everyone! Long time since I last wrote a post but when a sale is going on that grabs my attention, I must share the good news. SKORA is my favorite running shoe company. I truly believe they know what they are doing. They are bringing runners back to how we were meant to run: naturally.
Less is more.
Since running in my SKORA’s, I’ve never had an injury (knock on wood) and enjoy my run. There’s no pain, my shoes do well in sand, on pavement, in grass, on sidewalks, in trails and if you treat them well, they are good for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of miles. And for me right now, I run about 25-30 miles per week in my SKORA Phase’s
Now with 40% OFF CLEARANCE, I am going to buy myself a pair of SKORA Tempo’s!
Click the banner on the side ——–>>>>>>>>
Click here ————>>>>>>>> 40% OFF!
I want to be able to change shoes out, run in one pair one day and another the next. I am so excited for them to arrive. The sale goes on for three weeks!! So get a pair and run with me! The good sizes and colors go quick! Buy NOW!
If you have any questions, ask me or you can chat with someone on their website.
We all have heard the saying, “What are friends for?” Especially right after our friend/s have done or will do something nice for us. Am I right? Friends can be a great help when you are trying to accomplish anything. Having their support can get you through almost everything. When it comes to wanting to lose weight or getting stronger, friends are truly the best.
How to get your friends to be all that you need to succeed:
1. If you are trying to eat healthy, tell your friends because they can influence you tremendously. I have seen it happen where a group of girls are going out to get ice cream, McDonalds, or anything that is not good for you, especially when you are trying to lose weight. And they are able to talk you into coming and drag you with them. You tell yourself, “I will just go and not order anything.” (haha yeah right!). That’s not going to happen. When it comes time to order and it gets to you, “Oh, I’m not getting anything.” Everyone will flip out and demand you order something. The peer pressure is horrific. By simply explaining to your friends that you are trying to stay away from fast food, desserts, oversized portions, etc. they will try to avoid putting you in those situations. If they are true friends they will understand and help you stay on the right path.
2. Ask your friends to go to the gym with you. Having someone come with you to the gym, gives you that extra boost. However, going together doesn’t mean talk that whole time. If that’s all they want to do, I suggest telling them you are working out too hard to talk (Works every time). Going with friends to the gym is great because they help you get that first step out the door toward the gym, which is the toughest part for a lot of people. Also, set up times to meet to workout. What kind of a friend are you if you cancel or don’t show up. Setting up a time to exercise with someone will get you moving.
3. If they are around, and they know you are trying to eat right, give them permission to take away that bag of chips you are about to binge on.You must do this. The process of giving up some of your favorite foods is tough. We all have those days we want to break down and give in. At the beginning of your weight loss plan, give permission to anyone that you hangout with a lot, to snatch that bag of chips or pint of ice cream out of your hands. Now you can’t get mad at them because in the end, you will be so
thankful they controlled your emotions on days you wanted to throw in the towel.
4. Get your friends to share the same goal. Finding someone who wants what you want is the best. You can work as a team to accomplish your goals. Sign up for a 5K, 10K, triathlon, half marathon, marathon, etc. I don’t know your level of fitness so depending on where you want to take yourself, pick an event right for you. Sign up at the very beginning of your decision that you are going to change! Also, pick and event a few months out to give you plenty of time to prepare, if anything over prepare! Signing up will give you motviation throughout your weight loss and get fit plan because you have something you are working towards and always keep that goal in mind.
5. Be supportive in return. Don’t lose a friendship because you and your friend are trying to lose weight and one of you is losing weight/seeing results quicker then the other one. Be supportive to each other. Compliments rock! Who doesn’t like hearing they look good in their jeans?! Keep each other focused and moving. Do it for yourself too. Don’t get jealous! It’s silly. Use them as motivation. By looking at them you see it’s possible and you want to be next. You have to be fully committed. Keep working hard and results will follow.
Now, it’s time to get off the computer and get moving! Feel free to comment if you have ideas on how to work together to succeed.
Today was a good day. What made it so good wasn’t the fact that I didn’t get my spanish test back… I don’t ever want to get that back… But in one of my classes, I was approached by one of my peers asking if I could help them get back in shape. I was in my normal athletic clothes because I go to the gym right after that class. We got to talking and after next class, I think we are going to the gym together.
It made me feel so good having someone ask me that. I love helping people especially when it comes to fitness and health. She wants me to help her get back in shape and then I told her about my 5K I just signed up for and she wants to do one with me. She was so nice saying how much she wishes she could be more like me and go to the gym almost every day. And I know it’s harder for some people but I think I will be a great motivator. I’m really excited to see if she will do what she said she will do and come with me 3 times a week and really work! I’m not going to school to become a personal/athletic trainer but I feel like I would be really good at it. I have been around trainers a lot the past few years since I’m on a division 1 team and I can picture myself in their shoes. I would love helping people get strong and healthy and seeing the looks on their faces the whole journey, especially the last look of when they reach their goal.
So I just found this race that looks like it would be so much fun! It’s called “The Color Run”! Have you heard of it? It is coming to a city near me! Eventually, it’s not for awhile but I can wait! Go to the website and see if one is coming near you. It looks crazy, exciting, fun, a mess… everything you can think of. I hope I can rally up a group to come with me. Running with friends is the best!
I just signed up for a 5k! Woo! I’m excited. My goal is to just beat my last 5k time of 22:40. In order to do this I must start training. The race is on March 30, 2012. So I was surfing the web, hoping to find doable training schedules and I came across this awesome website! It has different races you are training for(5k, half marathon, etc.), what level you are at(novice, Intermediate, advance, etc) and it tells you what to do every day. It’s perfect! If you plane on signing up for a race and are new to running I suggest looking at this website. Running is great. I feel like I am getting into the best shape of my life. I feel more energetic. And I feel just overall healthier.
Running has changed my life. It’s new to me, which I love. I feel like I needed a change up. I control everything while running and all I have to tell myself is KEEP GOING. Thats all the motivation I need. You need to keep moving in order to get anywhere in life. It’s simple to. And I like simple. There’s no need to make things complicated. Also, here’s the 5k I’m running if you want to check it out. It’s through trails on a nature preserve. And what I like most is its at dusk. For some reason I have a hard time running in the mornings. It takes my body awhile to wake up… so 8 am – 9 am start times really kill me before the race even begins.
It is true. Sometimes I feel that if I had someone motivating me or if I surrounded myself with quotes and motivation, I would never want to give up. I believe in order to accomplish anything, we have to be motivated. Motivation keeps us moving. Keeps us wanting more. And keeps us believing in ourselves. When I’m running… I get tired just like everyone, however, when my body is telling me “no” and my legs are about to quit, I make myself think, “I’m lapping everyone on the couch” or I tell myself to “think of the benefits”(and I have a picture of what I want to look like in my head). This makes me keep going and going. Seriously. It works. It’s all in your head, you choose what is going to happen. Here are so quotes that will hopefully make you think and make you want to keep going!
“To feel ‘fit as a fiddle’, you must tone down your middle.” — Author Unknown
“Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don’t think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made.” — Patti Sue Plumer
“Don’t ask me why I run, ask yourself why you don’t.”- Unknown
“What fits your busy schedule better, exercising one hour a day or being dead 24 hours a day?” — Randy Glasbergen
“Commit to be fit.” — Author Unknown
“Health is like money, we never have a true intent of its value until we lose it.” — Josh Billings
“The only bad workout, is the one that never happened.” – Unknown
“It’s hard to beat a person that never gives up” – Babe Ruth
“You don’t always get what you wish for, you get what you work for.” – Unknown
“The minute you think about giving up, think about what held you back for so long.” – Unknown
“I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m done.” – Unknown
I hope that you write some of these quotes down or make them your screensaver. Put them places you will see. The bedroom or bathroom mirror is a great place because that’s when you see yourself and that’s what you want to get motivated to change. Inspire yourself to get fit and healthy.
Who knew losing weight could be easy and fast?! I found this amazing website about 65 fast ways to lose weight! Read it cause it could change your life. The ways are so simple too. I was surprised at how easy it was to make a little change. For example, eating more home cooked meals… which also saves money! This website could have you ready for hitting up the beach or pool by Summer and who knows… maybe even by Spring Break! Set goals and get it done. I love to have some motivation so a lot of the time when I’m working out, I keep a goal in mind… such as Tone and Tan! Dream goal of mine.
This website starts off with just eating more home cooked meals… if you can’t cook this is a great opportunity to learn. So many benefits! Also, another easy one is to go easy on eating bread. Who needs bread anyways. I personally would replace that with crackers… whole wheat of course. Also, eat breakfast. I don’t understand how people skip this. If you over eat at night then maybe you won’t be hungry in the morning so just don’t overeat at night and then breakfast will become your favorite meal! Its mine, I love cereal and oatmeal and eggs and pancakes. All breakfast foods I could eat all day! Another easy one is keep a healthy snack with you. That way you don’t starve yourself and binge later or have to grab something like fast food while you are out. This will greatly diminish your calorie intake throughout the day. Okay the last one I am going to tell you is STOP BUYING JUNK FOOD! If you don’t have it, how can you eat it? It’s impossible. When you go to the store, skip all those cookie rows and don’t even look at the bakery! So now get reading on the 65 fast ways to lose weight!
Okay so who doesn’t want a great butt? I’m pretty sure everyone would be happier if they could tighten it up. Well I found this great website of exercises that really help shape up your butt. It’s called “22 Best Exercises for a Perfect Butt.” That title should make you want to read more. I was like I need to read this! And I was surprised when I was reading it because a lot of the exercises I already do. They are fun and there are a lot of ways to work on that area of your body so there should be no excuses from anyone. You can go bike riding, running, or just stay inside for some stationary workouts. I encourage you to check out this website. I did, so now when I’m doing any of these exercises I think to myself… If you work at it, everyone will look at it! Get motivated. Challenge yourself and see how many of these workouts you can do a week. The results will come. Trust me. Here’s the website: http://weightloss.allwomenstalk.com/best-exercises-for-a-perfect-butt/