I’ve always been one to make goals but for the most part, I don’t share them with anyone or even write them down.
I like to keep them to myself, so who’s to say that I’m actually achieving those goals I set my mind out to do?
So just like a lot of you, I’m making 2018 a year of change and I want to share my journey with you!
- Call my family members more often: I want to put more time into nurturing the relationships with people I have that I love. I have three sisters and call one pretty frequently but I should be calling the other two just as much. I call my mom a lot but not my dad. I will call all of them at least once a week. Or a text if they are busy, since that happens but I just want to be consistent with my communication.
- Call my friends more: I have friends that live all over and we spent years together but as we grow up we are separating. We are becoming too busy, and I hate this. It takes 5 minutes, every two months to keep a relationship going. I will try and call my close friends, they are worth more than a phone call but for now, that will do the trick.
- Be in the moment more: I tend to always be letting my mind think about what’s happening later instead of living in the now. Society makes it tough for us just live and not be go-go-go all the time. It’s a very unhappy way to live. I will choose to always be in the present and enjoy what I have right then.
- Learn to play the ukulele: My boyfriend got me one for Christmas and I LOVE IT! But I’m not musically inclined. This will take a lot of hours of dedication but I can do it!
- Crochet a blanket for my sister’s baby: I love crafts and learning new things. I just started crochet at the end of last year and love it. But it too, also will take a lot of time. But I have a goal to make a baby blanket this year, so I will make it happen.
- Go explore new paddle spots: Now this doesn’t sound too difficult but it is. Every weekend we become too tired from the work week and don’t feel like driving to a new spot. But I would like to dedicate one weekend a month to seeing more of Florida. So I’m not talking driving hundreds of miles, just going somewhere new.
- Compete in 10 events this year: I don’t care about how I do but I’m with a new sponsor and I just want to paddle. Events have become semi-stressful but they shouldn’t be. I just want to go out and have fun while doing what I love. I will get back to you on the list of events. I have 4 already in mind.
- Post more videos and photos: This is for me and my sponsors! I love making videos but I do that at work so I never want to do that for me. It’s become more of a chore than an enjoyment.
- Don’t give up so easily: Working isn’t easy. I just changed fields completely and it’s not an easy transition. I feel so lost and old. Younger people know more than me, which is fine but I just feel behind. I am doing extra but it’s still taking time. I often cry because I just feel lost as a person. I want to have a career that will support a family one day and I just feel so far away from that. I will continue to push hard and not let failures put me down.
- Be more positive: I want to just look at all things postively. If I have to stay after work, it’s ok, it’s not everyday. If I get put to work on something that I don’t want to do, I need to spin it around and just have fun.
- Stress less: I’m young. There’s no reason I should be as stressed as I have been the past year. I changed jobs twice in 2017 and just was so confused on where I wanted to be. I still feel that way but I need to learn to trust the journey and just enjoy the ride. I overthink wayyyy to much. It’s not good.
Thank you for staying long enough on my page to get to here… I’m happy I got these down on paper and can now work at them. If you have time take this poll and tell me more about you!
Happy New Year!!