On May 30th in Fort Myers Beach, FL I decided to finally participate in a paddleboard race after 7 months of not racing. The race was called the Battle on the Blueway and attracted over 100 paddlers.
I raced in the 7 mile course on my HovieSUP comet and let me tell you… I did not feel ready to take on such a long race just yet but I somehow managed to find some energy from somewhere!
The conditions were pretty flat with some occasional bumps from boats and some wind. It was hot but a beautiful day to be on the water. Overall, a great day for racing.
It was fun getting to travel with my race team and hangout with everyone again. It’s been so long! I managed to get 4th place in the Women’s 12’6″ Elite. Team HovieSUP did awesome too and brought home some hardware and paper$$$!
- Kieran Grant: 2nd overall finisher and 2nd Men’s 14′ Elite
- Jake Portwood: 1st Men’s 12’6″ Elite
- Connor Rush: 4th overall Men’s 12’6″ Elite, 2nd in U17
- Will Marston: 17th overall Men’s 12’6″, 3rd in U17
- Francesca Terzuoli Morrow: 5th Women’s 12″6′ Elite
- Heath Marston: 2nd place Men’s 12’6″ Elite in 40-49 division
Check out the race site for full RESULTS