I love sports bars, nutrition bars, whatever you want to call them. However, I have been looking for a bar that has less sugar, more protein, more flavor, that’s filling but not too filling, and overall nutritious.
I recently discovered Quest Bars and I don’t know why it took me so long! I have tried a lot of nutrition bars and Quest Bars, by far, beat the competition.
Why I became a Quest Bar junkie:
1. I CAN GET MY CHOCOLATE FIX: Quest Bar has so many flavors. Flavors like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Chocolate Brownie that are almost like eating a candy bar. However, they have about 20 grams of protein and loads of fiber. And are under 200 calories! With only 1 gram of sugar. It is truly amazing. If you heat up Chocolate Brownie in the microwave for 15 seconds, it will taste like an actual brownie!
2. THEY ARE SIMPLE: Simple meaning, I can put one in my purse or backpack and be ready to go. I don’t have to worry about them melting in the heat and making a mess, like most bars that have chocolate.
3. THEY ARE SATISFYING: Quest Bars are great for anyone who doesn’t want to mindlessly snack. If I eat one for breakfast with a banana, my stomach doesn’t even think about food. My mind isn’t distracted by hunger so I can get more work done. They don’t make you feel overly full either. I feel satisfied and healthy after eating a Quest Bar.
4. THEY ENERGIZE ME FOR RACING: I would eat a Quest Bar before a Paddleboard Race and I wouldn’t get hungry while racing or feel like I over ate. It was the perfect balance. Just drink some water with it and eat it an hour and a half before race time and you’ll be ready to go! I only tested it before running, playing tennis, and paddleboarding but I think it will energize you for any sport. It is also great for after racing. After a race, I feel kind of sick because my body has just worked so hard but I know I need to get something in me, so I eat a Quest Bar to help the recovery process.
5. THEY ARE HEALTHY: With only 1 gram of sugar, 20 grams of protein, less than 200 calories, about 19 grams of Fiber and roughly 5 ingredients, Quest Bars are truly incredible. Nowadays, it is difficult to find simple nutrition facts but not with Quest Bars.
6. THEY TASTE BETTER THAN ANY OTHER BAR I HAVE TRIED: I am serious. I liked every flavor. I have my favorites but with such a variety, if you are picky about chocolate, fruit, peanut butter, coconut, etc. you’ll sure find a flavor that you love! I don’t like anything coconut but I tried Coconut Cashew, AND I LIKED IT! I even told myself I wasn’t going to and I did. Same with the Peanut Butter and Jelly flavor. I do not like jelly. Never have! However, I liked this flavor! It wasn’t my favorite but it’s tough to compete against Cookies & Cream.
The one thing I don’t like:
1. THE PRICE: I am a college student and I don’t make a lot of money. I feel bad spending so much money on few little bars. So I only buy Quest Bars when I have important races coming up or a long run. Sometimes, I will just occasionally treat myself. 🙂
After writing this, I realize that if price is the only thing I don’t like, that is silly. I should buy what I want, these aren’t a huge expenditure.
Overall, Quest Bars are amazing! I’m going to work harder now because if I could get sponsored, then all my problems will be solved! I would eat them every day, but I don’t want to spoil myself. When I see people eating them, I get jealous. THAT IS HOW GOOD THEY ARE!
You will become #addicted.
For more on Quest Bars: